GET A FREE COPY OF THE BOOK HERE IN eBook FORMAT
GET A FREE COPY OF THE BOOK HERE IN PHYSICAL FORM
LET ME COACH YOU TO ACHIEVE YOUR DREAMS NOW
CHAPTER 2 Have A Passion For It
Where your talent and the needs of the world cross, your calling can be found.
Uncovering your passion
I want to help you now uncover and be clear about what you are passionate about.
I want you to do this simple exercise and answer these questions honestly.
- When talking to people, what topic gets you energised and pumped that you could talk for hours about?
- What activity can you do for hours on end without getting tired but feel forever energised?
- What do you watch a lot of?
- What do you read up on?
- What do you buy lots of?
- What do you think about all the time?
- What are your obsessions?
- What would you do daily if money weren’t an issue?
- What gets you up early and staying up late at night?
- What future moments do you anticipate with excitement?
Now, having done this exercise, review your answers. Can you see an overall theme or pattern that sums up your passion? What is this grand overall passion of yours?
That inner calling
Do you ever get that sense, feeling, or thought of an inner calling guiding and directing your life? This subtle yet persistent inner calling you have within you is looking for expression in your life. If you know what I am talking about, great. You acknowledge the feeling of an inner calling in you. If not, that’s okay too. The little exercise below will help you uncover that inner calling in you.
Ask yourself the following questions below to prompt yourself and weed out the answers you seek.
- What is my inner calling in life?
- What am I here to do?
- How can I serve?
The purpose of this exercise is to find your personal inner calling and to be clear about your mission in life. Those who go through life knowing why they do what they do have more passion and happiness in their life.
Identify your inner calling and call it out. Pun intended. Get to the root of where your passion lies, and tap into that energy source that will propel your actions to manifest the life you desire. Bring out your hidden subconscious passion to the surface of your conscious mind by repeatedly thinking about your passion until you create a strong thought habit.
Flame to fire
Passion is the internal flame of desire that you possess. The flame of passion for most people has been blown out by the circumstances of their life. Don’t let this happen to you. To turn that flame into a fire, you first need awareness of that flame of passion that exists within you.
Next, you need to douse the flame with fuel, which is your thought energy. Thoughts have a magnetic energy. Continuing thinking and obsessing about your passion is the way to keep your passions alive and well by dousing your mind with the fuel of thought.
What you want to do next is to turn that flame into a fire. Turning your passion from a small flame to a raging fire will require massive action and execution that is beyond your comfort zone. Instead of working on your passions weekly or every now and then, work on your passions daily, and life will make room for them. It’s not what you do every now and then that matters; it’s about what you do daily that counts. If you have an obsession about your passion, give it life by feeding it daily, and you will be amazed at the transformation that takes place in your life by turning your passionate flame into a raging fire.
Don’t keep it a secret
There will be a time in your life when you keep your passion a secret from the world. A secret you didn’t want anyone to find out for fear of what other people will think. That time was yesterday, not today, not anymore. Stop hiding your passion and release that bottled-up enthusiastic passion you have within you into the world. The world needs passionate people to come alive, not to hide, wait, and die with their passions buried within, never seeing the light of day. Don’t be afraid; be courageous and step into the life that is awaiting you.
Don’t keep your passions a secret. Let people know what you are passionate about. Talk about your passions with friends, family, co-workers, strangers, whoever and whenever you can. Voice to the world your passions, intentions, thoughts, and desires. When you openly express your passions to others, you give energy and life to your passions by the sheer act of release. Verbalising your passions through words is more powerful than just thoughts of passion.
Affirmations on passion
- I am courageous because I pursue my passions.
- I am living a life that is authentic to me.
- I can achieve anything in life as long as I have the passion to pursue it.
- I come alive when I am passionate.
- I do what I love because I only have this one life to live.
- I feel a sense of joy and play when I am working on my passion.
- I trust my own internal navigation system.
- Living my passion is its own reward.
- Nobody else needs to make sense of my passion, only me.
- The passion I possess is a unique gift, and I express it daily.
- The world needs my passion to be released.
- Uncover your passions by analysing what you talk, do, watch, read, listen, buy, think, obsess, and get excited about.
- The subtle yet persistent inner calling you have within you is looking for expression in your life.
- Passion is the internal flame of desire that you possess.
- Don’t keep your passions a secret.
- Find what you love doing and do that thing often.
- Let the thing you are passionate about be the thing you give to the world.
- The world will make room for your passions.
- Mould your life around your passions.
- Your passion is a priceless gift you have been blessed with.