Chapter 26: Change
Change is the one sure thing we all experience and agree upon. We experience the changes in ourselves from change in our body over time, to changes in our understanding, our relationships, our society, technology and the world as a whole. Change will happen whether you like it or not, a fact of life that change will ultimately lead to death. There are two things you can’t control in life, one is being born and the other is dying. What you can control to a degree is what you do in between those two events. You can consciously will your life in the direction of your dreams by simply changing.
You can let change happen to you or you can control the change in your life by being the director of your life. You call the shots in life. You deliberately force a change in yourself, your thoughts and your actions. That is what changes the results in your life.
WHAT CAN YOU CONTROL?
In life you get to a point in which you realize you can’t control 99.9% of things you see on the 6 o’clock news or the daily newspaper. You can’t control the weather, the world economy, governments, wars, diseases, death and taxes. But you can control yourself. You have more control over yourself than anything else in this world. Answer the below.
Can you control your thoughts?
Can you control your attitude?
Can you control your actions?
Can you control your life?
Do you agree that you can control your thoughts, attitude, actions and life? Or do you disagree and believe that other people have more control of your thoughts, attitude, actions and life? You are either more internally directed in life by yourself or externally directed in life by others. By understanding that you are the main controller of your own life, you can control the change in your life by directing the changes you want to see.
WHAT TO CHANGE?
What do you want to change in your life? Do you want to change your bank account and earn more money? Do you want to lose weight? Put on muscle? Improve your health? Change your circle of friends? Change your relationship? Change your job? Change your bad habits? You can come up with a list of a dozen things in your life right now that you want to change. Most of things people want to change in their life are merely wishes with no thought of ever taking action towards the changes they want to see come about. And that’s okay, we all wish for things to happen without wanting to put in the work to see those changes come about. But out of the dozen of things you want to change their might be one or two major things you want to change and are willing to put in the effort to make these changes come about no matter what. What one or two things you want to change in your life in this moment or time? What’s the one thing that you could do or achieve in the next 12 months that would bring you the most happiness? What is this thing? Whatever it is, this should be your number 1 goal
QUOTES ON CHANGE
- A change in your personal definition will instantly change the talents you express, the behavior’s you demonstrate and the aspirations you pursue. (Anthony Robbins)
- A person needs to chip away everything that doesn’t look like the person he or she most wants to become. (Earl Nightingale)
- All change is from the inner to the outer. All change begins in the self-concept. You must become the person you want to be on the inside before you see the appearance of this person on the outside. (Brian Tracy)
- All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. (Anatole France)
- All conditions are highly unstable and in constant flux. Impermanence is a characteristic of every condition, every situation you will ever encounter in your life. It will change, disappear, or no longer satisfy you. (Eckhart Tolle)
- All great changes are preceded by chaos. (Deepak Chopra)
- Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts (Arnold Bennett)
- At any given moment you have the power to say, this is not how the story is going to end. (Christine Mason Miller)
- Awareness is the greatest agent for change. (Eckhart Tolle)
- Be the change you wish to see in the world. (Mahatma Gandhi)
- By starting to make changes, by growing in bits and pieces, you can slowly but steadily change your life. (Anthony Robbins)
- Change is inevitable, progress is optional. (Anthony Robbins)
- Change is not merely necessary to life, it is life. (Alvin Toffler)
- Change is the basic fact of existence, awareness of it must be crucial to success. The nature of change is that you never think it could happen to you, yet such denial stops you from taking up opportunities. (Spencer Johnson)
- Change is the only constant. Hanging on is the only sin. (Denise McCluggage)
- Change is unavoidable, and how we react to it determines the outcome good or bad. (Jim Rohn)
- Change your life by literally changing the way you think. (Wayne Dyer)
- Change your physiology and you change your state. (Anthony Robbins)
- Choice chance change. You must make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change. (Unknown)
- Clouds are a reminder that life is not stagnate and always changing. (Michael George Knight)
- Disgust and resolve are two of the great emotions that lead to change. (Jim Rohn)
- Everyone naturally fears and avoids change. We want things to stay the same, but simultaneously to get better. However, all growth, all progress, all advancement requires change. And change is inevitable. In spite of anything you do, life never goes on the same way for very long. It is always changing in one direction or another. (Brian Tracy)
- Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. (Leo Tolstoy)
- Exercise your will power to change direction, will power to change where you want to go, anybody can change, you don’t have to repeat last year, clean up the errors and invest in the next year. (Jim Rohn)
- For in the absence of change, things will always stay the same. (Steve McKnight)
- God, give me grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, the courage to change the things which should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other. (Reinhold Niebunhr)
- He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery. (Harold Wilson)
- I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth. Then I ask myself the same question. (Harun Yahya)
- If we wanted to change the situation, we first had to change ourselves. And to change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions. (Stephen R. Covey)
- If you change, everything around you will change. (Jim Rohn)
- If you don’t like where you are, move, you’re not a tree. (Jim Rohn)
- If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. (Maya Angelou)
- If you resist change, you have frustration and suffering. But if you understand change, you don’t cling to it and you let it flow then it’s no problem, it becomes positively beautiful. (Alan Watts)
- If you want to change, you have to be willing to be uncomfortable. (Les Brown)
- If you’re searching for that one person who will change your life, take a look in the mirror. (Unknown)
- Instead of demanding that others should change, maybe we should accept responsibility and we should change. (Simon Sinek)
- It’s never too late to change the direction that your life is going in. (Wayne Dyer)
- Life and business is like the changing seasons, you cannot change the seasons, but you can change yourself. Learn to change yourself. (Jim Rohn)
- Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For, indeed, that’s all who ever have. (Margaret Mead)
- One moment can change a day. One day can change a life. One life can change the world. (Unknown)
- Only change is permanent. (Osho)
- Start welcoming the change into your life. You can’t become what you need to be while things remain the way they already are. (Unknown)
- The ability not only to accept change but to create it is a mark of the dynamic individual. (Robert Kiyosaki)
- The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance. (Alan Watts)
- The process of life change is not a matter of ability it is merely a matter of will. Everyone can but not everyone will. (Unknown)
- The starting point of change, of accomplishing anything different or better, is desire, and desire is always personal. (Brian Tracy)
- There is a huge difference between wanting to change and being willing to change. Almost everyone wants to change for the better. Very few are willing to take the steps necessary to create that change. (John T. Child)
- To change the visible, you must change the invisible (T. Harv Eker)
- Try not to resist the changes that come your way. Instead let life live through you. And do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come. (Rumi)
- What has been will never be again. Coping with that fact is life’s more constant and basic opportunity. If you turn away from change, you turn away from life itself. Welcome change, it’s what living is all about. (Tom Hopkins)
- When one door closes another opens. But often we look so long so regretfully upon the closed door that we fail to see the one that has opened for us. (Alexander Graham Bell)
- When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves. (Viktor E. Frankl)
- When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. (Wayne Dyer)
- Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. (Rumi)
- You and I can change how we feel in an instant, just by changing our focus. (Anthony Robbins)
- You can change where you are and what you are by changing what goes in your mind. I am living proof. (Zig Ziglar)
- You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight. (Jim Rohn)
- You must be the change you wish to see in the world. (Mahatma Gandhi)
- You must welcome change as the rule but not as your ruler. (Denis Waitley)
- You want to make massive and lasting change in your life? Change your identity. (Tom Bilyeu)
- Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change. (Jim Rohn)
That’s a wrap on
50 Words to Your Dreams
Chapter 26: Change
Let me know your thoughts on Chapter 26
If you need some help in achieving your goals Email
Me and I will assist you for free to help you achieve
For 100’s of Video, Written & Audio Book Summaries check out our website
Stay tuned for Chapter 27 in the series “EMOTIONS”