★★★ Sign up to the Weekly Book Summary Newsletter by CLICKING HERE
★★★ Get any FREE audiobook of your choice by CLICKING HERE
★★★ View the Hottest Products of the month by CLICKING HERE
Chapter 1: Branding You
- The person who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The person who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever seen before. (Albert Einstein)
- You need to go from being ‘an’ ordinary person to ‘the’ special or extraordinary person to create an impression. Otherwise, you are just another individual who’s in the basket of boring, just like the rest of them.
- Get Out of the Basket of Boring
- You may be under the false impression that the basket of boring is a comfortable place to be. It is not. You are slowly but surely diminishing your own individuality. You are merging with the background.
- Look at successful people. What separates successful people from the rest?
- Successful people are noticed. You do not see through them. They attract attention and, in turn, attract opportunities, people, and wealth.
- Successful people rise above the ordinary. They escape the basket of boring and establish their presence on the Island of Individuality.
- The first step to Master Your WOW is to create your own signature. How do you do this? By Branding YOU as an individual, unique and distinct from everyone else.
The Four Most Powerful Ways of Branding
- If you want to become successful, you also need to acquire the qualities of being Known and Respected.
- By branding YOU as an individual. By turning yourself from someone unknown and unnoticeable to a branded personality, an individual who stands out, one who just cannot be ignored.
- Branding by Association
- Branding by Acknowledgement
- Branding by Achievement
- Branding by Authoring
- If you want to make your way from the crowd to the top 1% who have made it big, who possess not only wealth but are also Known and Respected, then you have to command attention and be perceived as an authority.
- You don’t sell your book. Your book sells you.
- It is not what you think about yourself that matters; it is what your prospective clients think about you that matter.
- Unless you are famous or have done something extraordinary, no one will write about you; but that does not mean you cannot write a book on your own.
The Ladder of Wealth
There are four steps on the Ladder of Wealth:
- Branding by Authoring is the most underutilised and, at the same time, the most easily achievable method of creating a WOW and establishing your own Island of Individuality.
- When you write a book, people perceive you as the authority on that subject.
- Whatever you do, be different—that was the advice my mother gave me, and I can’t think of better advice for an entrepreneur. If you’re different, you will stand out. (Anita Roddick)
Chapter 2: Transactional vs. Transformational
- If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary. (Jim Rohn)
- You need to do the transactional because it’s necessary. It’s inevitable. But when it comes to doing something transformational, it is optional. You choose how your life will be.
- You cannot afford not to do the transformational if you want to be healthy, wealthy, and successful. By being transformational, you attract better people in your life, attract better and more clients to your business, attract more opportunities, create more wealth, and have the opportunity to transform not just yourself and your own life, but also the lives of the people around you.
- Don’t Sell Yourself by Saying, “I Am an Ordinary person.”
- You must create the role you play. If you do not create your own character, you will be a nameless, faceless, and perhaps even voiceless extra in your own life.
- You want to differentiate yourself from others.
- You need to see yourself as someone who is special.
- See Yourself Through the Eyes of Other People.
- Stop looking at yourself as others see you and start looking at yourself as you would like to be seen by others. Unique, not ordinary.
- Only when you change your own perception of yourself can you expect others to change how they see you.
- If you want to lead an extraordinary life, find out what the ordinary do—and don’t do it. (Tommy Newberry)
Chapter 3: Understand the Ability to Impress
- Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve. (Napoleon Hill)
- The State of WOW is a state of mind.
- It is a state in which you are consistently motivated to do the unexpected.
- The key to cultivating a constant state of enthusiasm and excitement is to be mindful of the moment, your environment, the people you are interacting with, and the emotional and intellectual process that is going on within you.
- Success Is an On-going Process
- When you are in a State of WOW you are extremely enthusiastic, excited, happy, and confident. You are fully charged with energy. This energy is transmitted to those around you.
- “Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go,” said Oscar Wilde.
- You are what you think. So just think big, believe big, act big, work big, give big, forgive big, laugh big, love big, and live big. (Andrew Carnegie)
Chapter 4: The Power of WOW
- Opportunities don’t happen. You create them. (Chris Grosser)
- The way you dress tells people more about you than they could ever learn through words alone.
- You have probably been told that your network is your net worth. I’m sure you’ve heard that phrase many times, but it’s actually not necessarily true. What really matters is how you utilize your network to determine your net worth.
- You need to utilize and maximize any opportunity for collaborations, joint ventures, and partnerships.
- If people like you, they’ll listen to you, but if they trust you, they’ll do business with you. (Zig Ziglar)
Chapter 5: Master Your Message
- The Power of Story in Your Brand
- If you look at some of the biggest brands in the world, they all have a story. In fact, if you look at every human being in the world, each one has a unique story.
- In order to capture the power of the story, what I firstly recommend is that you create one for your brand.
- One of the keys to being a great communicator is telling powerful stories that captivate, compel, inspire, motivate, and encourage people to invest in you, your product, and your service.
- If you look back on history you can see that storytelling is one of the most powerful methods of communication.
- It is essential that you take time to master the art of communication through both your speaking and listening skills.
- The fewer words that you can use to communicate your message, the more clearly and powerfully that message will come across.
Chapter 6: The 5 Pillars of Wealth
- Wealth is the ability to fully experience life. (Henry David Thoreau)
- Wealth is essentially a metaphysical concept rather than a material one.
- Wealth on its own is worthless. It’s what wealth can do for you, or what you can do with it, that makes it worthwhile or even valuable.
- Five key aspects of wealth. These are Health, Finance, Relationships, Spirituality, and Giving Back.
- Creating your wealth is a journey of discovery.
Health: It Is the Source of Your Energy
- There is no denying that health is a primary factor in creating wealth and enjoying the benefits of the wealth you create. You need to take care of your health, because it is health that provides you with the energy that you need in order to create wealth.
- Man sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money in order to recuperate his health. (Dalai Lama)
- Sometimes the best thing is to get out of your own head and do something physical in order to distract yourself and get your feel-good chemicals flowing.
- When it comes to your physical health, you need to consider two important aspects: nutrition and exercise.
- I attribute 80% importance to nutrition and 20% to exercise. Nutrition is important because you are what you eat.
Finance: How Small Changes Can Bring Substantial Returns
- Finance is not just about money. It is also about your attitude towards it.
- Wealth brings you the power and resources to do something transformational instead of the transitional, to do something extraordinary instead of just surviving.
Relationships: Communicate and Co-operate Instead of Controlling
- The key to good relationships lies entirely within you. Only you have the power to make your relationships work. I have found that there are three simple guidelines that you can follow to create good relationships; these are Communication, Control, and Co-operation.
Spirituality: Find Your Life’s Meaning and Purpose
- Steve Forbes said, “The real source of wealth and capital is not material things, it is the human mind, the human spirit, the human imagination, and our faith in the future.”
Give Back: Create a Wealth of Difference
- The best form of giving is to give to those who cannot give back.
- What you give, you get.
- It’s good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy. (George Lorimer)
Chapter 7: Book Your Words to Wealth
- If a story is in you, it has to come out. (William Faulkner)
- Write a book. When people know that you are writing a book, or that you have written a book, then you are automatically transformed in their eyes. You go from being boring to being interesting. You go from being unknown to being unforgettable. You go from just an expert to an authority.
- Your Book Is Your Business Card
- Become an Author—Be Seen as the Authority in Your Field
- You don’t sell your book. Your book sells you.
7 Problems You Will Face When Writing Your Book
- 1) The Foreword
- 2) The Cover
- 3) Procrastination
- 4) Publishing your book
- 5) Coaching
- 6) Marketing your book
- 7) PR expenses
- The idea is to write it so that people hear it and it slides through the brain and goes straight to the heart. (Maya Angelou)
To buy the book, click the link in the image below to purchase from Amazon.