PART 1: WHERE THE ROAD TO ACHEIVEMENT BEGINS
Chapter One: Meet the Most Important Living Person
- Anything in life worth having is worth working for. (Andrew Carnegie)
- We are poor – not because of God. We are poor because father has never developed a desire to become rich. No one in our family has ever developed a desire to be anything else.
- If you know what you want, you are more apt to recognize it when you see it. When you read a book, for example, you will recognize opportunities to help you get what you want.
- Our attitudes shape our future. This is a universal law.
- The law states that we translate into physical reality the thoughts and attitudes which we hold in our minds, no matter what they are.
- Nothing is ever accomplished without work. If I leave you nothing else but the will to work, I will have left you the priceless gift: the joy of work.
- Loving people and serving them, she used to say, is the greatest value in life. (Mary Kaiser)
- The ability to turn the invisible talisman over and use the side which has the force of PMA rather than the side which has force of NMA is characteristic of so many of our really successful people. Most of us are inclined to look upon success as coming in some mysterious way through advantages that we do not have. Perhaps because we do have them.
- If you know what you want, you can find a way to get it.
- Meet the most important living person. The day you recognize PMA for yourself is the day that you will meet the most important living person! Who is he? Why, the most important living person is you, as far as you and your lifer are concerned. Take a look at yourself. Isn’t it true that you carry with you an invisible talisman with the initials PMA emblazoned on one side and NMA on the other? What exactly is this talisman, this force? The talisman is your mind. PMA is a Positive Mental Attitude.
Chapter Two: You Can Change Your World
- The science of Success. These principles are: 1) A Positive Mental Attitude 2) Definiteness of purpose 3) Going the extra mile 4) Accurate thinking 5) Self-disciple 6) The Master Mind 7) Applied faith 8) A pleasing personality 9) Personal initiative 10) Enthusiasm 11) Controlled attention 12) Teamwork 13) Learning from defeat 14) Creative vision 15) Budgeting time and money 16) Maintaining sound physical and mental health 17) Using cosmic habit force (universal law)
- If a man is right, his world will be right.
- Identify yourself with a successful image.
- Identifying one’s self with a successful image can help break the habits of self-doubt and defeat which years of NMA set up within a personality. Another and equally important successful technique for changing your world is to identify yourself with an image that will inspire you to make the right decisions.
- Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. Definiteness of purpose, combined with PMA, is the starting point of all worthwhile achievement. Remember – your world will change whether or not you choose to change it. But you have the power to choose its direction. You can select your own target. When you determine your definite major aims with PMA, there is a natural tendency for you to use seven of the success principles.
- The starting point of all achievement. Let us repeat: The starting point of all achievement is definiteness of purpose with PMA. Remember this statement and ask yourself, what is my goal? What do I really want?
- 1) The first great advantage is that your subconscious mind begins to work under a universal law: ‘What the mind can conceive and believe – the mind can achieve’. But you visualize your intended destination, your subconscious mind is affected by this self-suggestion. It goes to work to help you get there.
- 2) Because you know what you want, there is a tendency for you to try to get on the right track and head in the right direction. You get into action.
- 3) Work now becomes fun. You are motivated to pay the price. You budget your time and money. You study, think, and plan. The more you think about your goals, the more enthusiastic you become. And with enthusiasm your desire turns into a burning desire.
- 4) You become alerted to opportunities that will help you achieve your objectives as they present themselves in your everyday experience. Because you know what you want, you are more likely to recognize these opportunities.
- You have success born in you.
- Everyone has many talents for surmounting his special problems.
- I am no longer able to work with my hands so I have decided to work with my mind.
Chapter Three: Clear the Cobwebs From Your Thinking
- Necessity plus PMA can motivate you to succeed.
- Necessity motivated a man with PMA to action without transgressing recognized inviolable standards. An honest man won’t deceive, cheat, or steal because of necessity. Honesty is inherent in PMA.
- It often happens. After a person suffers a serious defeat in a personal battle with himself, he many at that point be ready. His remorse can be so emotional and sincere that he is motivated to take immediate action and through perseverance make the change that keeps him on the road to a complete victory.
- It is well known that the power of the Bible has been instrumental in changing even the attitudes of human derelicts from negative to positive. And because of the special power in this Written Word they were inspired to clear the cobwebs of their thinking.
- Ask and it shall be given you; seek and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
- Ignorance is the result of inertia. That which seems logical to the person who is ignorant of the facts or know-how may be illogical to the man who does know. When you make decisions because you refuse to keep an open mind and learn the truth – that is ignorance. And NMA keeps alive and grows fat on ignorance. Eliminate it!
- Truth is truth and is not false regardless of lack of knowledge or understanding.
- Learn to separate ‘facts’ from fiction. Then learn the difference between important facts and unimportant facts.
- Direct your thoughts control your emotions and you ordain your destiny.
Chapter Four: Will You Dare to Explore the Powers of Your Mind?
- You are a mind with a body.
- Day by day in every way I’m getting richer and richer.
- Conscious autosuggestion is the agency of control through which an individual may voluntarily feed his subconscious mind on thoughts of a creative nature, or, by neglect, permit thoughts of a destructive nature to find their way into the rich garden of his mind.
- When you read aloud twice daily the written statement of your desire for money and money and emotion and concentrated attention.
- Your ability to use the principles of autosuggestion will depend very largely upon your capacity to concentrate upon a given desire until that desire becomes a burning desire.
- Day by day in every way I am getting better and better.
- Every adversity has the seed of a greater benefit.
- A little knowledge becomes a dangerous thing.
- Facts should be your stepping stones over the river of doubt.
- You are a mind with a body – a mind, possessing and also affected by, powers known and unknown! A mind composed of two parts: the conscious and the subconscious.
Chapter Five: …And Something More
- The whole is equal to the sum of all the parts and is greater than any of its parts. This can be related, assimilated, and applied to every result or achievement.
- A negative mental attitude is one of the primary causes of failure.
- Failure is experienced by those who, when they experience defeat, stop trying to find the something more.
- You will develop your mental powers when you learn and develop the habit of asking yourself questions – when you learn and develop the habit of using pencil and paper to write down your questions, ideas and answers.
- Thinking is not creative unless it is followed through with action.
- When Napoleon Hill asked Dr Gates to explain the source of his results while sitting for ideas, he have the following explanation: ‘The sources of all ideas are:
- Knowledge stored in the subconscious mind and acquired through individual experience, observation and education.
- Knowledge accumulated by others through the same media, which may be communicated by telepathy.
- The great universal storehouse of Infinite Intelligence, wherein is stored all knowledge and all facts, and which may be contacted through the subconscious section of the mind.
- You, like Christopher Columbus, may fail to reach your high major objectives, or your magnificent obsessions. You, like him, may fail in your efforts to reach a distant destination in the realm of the unknown. But you may discover something more – something equalling the wealth of the Americas.
PART 2: FIVE MENTAL BOMBSHEELS FOR ATTACKING SUCCESS
Chapter Six: You’ve Got a Problem? That’s Good!
- Everyone has problems. This is because you and everything in the universe are in a constant process of change. Change is an inexorable natural law.
- You can direct your thoughts and control your emotions, and thus regulate your attitude. You can choose whether your attitude will be positive or negative. You can decide whether you will affect, use, control, or harmonize with the changes in yourself and your environment. You can ordain your destiny.
- What are the seven virtues? Virtue is moral practice or action, moral excellence; rectitude; valour; chastity. The seven virtues are; prudence, fortitude, temperance, justice, faith, hope and charity.
- It takes only one idea, followed by action, to succeed when others fail.
- Time after time the pattern repeats itself: problems and difficulties turn out to be the best things that could have happened to us – provided we translate them into advantages.
- Your success, or failure, in meeting the problems presented by the challenges of change will be determined by your mental attitude.
Chapter Seven: Learn to See
- A simple figure of speech is one of the quickest and most effective methods of communicating ideas between persons.
- None of us can understand the miracle of sight, unless we have had to do without it.
- The only job where you can start at the top is the job of digging a hole.
- For knowledge doesn’t make you successful, but application of the knowledge will. Action!
- Learn to see! Seeing is a learned process. Nine-tenths of seeing takes place in the brain
- Be willing to risk failure in order to succeed.
Chapter Eight: The Secret of Getting Things Done
- You are what your habits make you. And you can choose your habits. You can develop any habit you wish when you use the self-starter.
- Too often what we read and profess becomes a part of our libraries and our vocabularies, instead of becoming a part of our lives.
- Sow an action and you reap a habit; sow a habit and you reap a character; sow a character and you reap a destiny.
- The secret of getting things done is: Do it now!
- As long as you live, never say to yourself do it now unless you immediately follow through with desirable action.
- Now is the time to act.
- Now is the time to be happy.
Chapter Nine: How to Motivate Yourself
- What is motivation? Motivation is that what induces action or determines choice. It is that which provides a motive. A motive is the ‘inner urge’ only within the individual which incites him to action, such as an idea, emotion, desire, or impulse.
- Hope is the magic ingredient! Hope is a desire with the expectation of obtaining what is desired and belief that it is obtainable. A person consciously reacts to that which to him is desirable, believable and attainable.
- The ten basic motives. The desire for self-preservation. The emotion of love. The emotion of fear. The emotion of sex. The desire for life after death. The desire for freedom of body and mind. The emotion of anger. The emotion of hate. The desire for recognition and self-expression. The desire for material gain.
Chapter Ten: How to Motivate Others
- When you want to motivate, say it with a book. The most important factors to success in selling are in order of important: (a) Inspiration to motivation; (b) knowledge of a successful sales technique for the particular product or service which is termed know-how; (c) knowledge of the product or service itself. Now these same three principles can be related to success in any business or profession.
- To be enthusiastic ACT enthusiastic.
- The emotions are not immediately subject to reason, but they are immediately subject to action. (William James)
- Keep a smile in your voice! Thus in talking loudly and rapidly, you eliminate gruffness. You can put a smile in your voice by putting a smile on your face, a smile in your eyes.
- Anything in life worth having is worth working for.
PART 3: YOUR KEY TO THE CITADEL OF WEALTH
Chapter Twelve: Attract – Don’t Repel – Wealth
- Never underestimate the value of a book. Books are tools, providing inspiration which can launch you onto a bold new programme and which can also light the dark days that any such programme entails.
- The more you give of that which is good and desirable-the more you get.
- Don’t assume that you are wasting time when you take time out for thought. Thought is the foundation upon which all else is built by man.
- Write down your goals. You will crystallize your thinking. The very act of thinking as you write will create an indelible impression in your memory.
- Give yourself a deadline. Specify a time for achieving your objective. This is important in motivating you: to set out in the direction of your goals and keep moving towards it.
- Aim high. It is peculiar thing that no more effort is required to aim high in life, to demand prosperity and abundance, than is required to accept misery and poverty.
- You have to be bold enough to ask of life more than you may, right now, feel you are worth because it is an observable fact that people tend to rise to meet demands that are put upon them.
- Just save one dime out of every dollar you earn. Each six months, invest your savings and interest or dividend returns from these savings and investments; and when you invest, seek expert advice on safe investments and thus you won’t gamble and lose your principal.
- Engage in study, thinking and planning time.
Chapter Thirteen: If You Don’t Have Money – Use OPM!
- Business, it is quite simple. It is other people’s money. (Alexander Dumas)
- Where there is nothing to lose by trying and everything to gain if successful, by all means try. Do it now.
- The abuse of credit is one of the main sources of worry, frustration, unhappiness and dishonesty.
- Other people’s money is the way to acquire wealth.
- When you want to make a deal with someone, develop a plan that will give him what he wants, and in doing so get what you want. A good deal is mutually advantageous.
Chapter Fourteen: How to Find Satisfaction in Your Job
- You can control your mental attitude by the use of self-motivators.
- If you set a gaol, you are more apt to achieve it. And the higher you set your goal, the greater will be your achievement.
- To succeed in anything it is necessary to know the rules and understand how to apply them. It is necessary to study, to learn, to think, and to plan.
- Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman-not the prospect.
- Mental attitude makes the difference.
- One of the secrets of job satisfaction is being able to see beyond the routine. It is knowing that your work is leading somewhere.
- A positive mental attitude is the right mental attitude in a given situation.
Chapter Fifteen: Your Magnificent Obsession
- Develop an obsession, a magnificent obsession to help others.
- The more you share, the more you will have.
- When you share it with others will multiply and grow; and what you withhold from others will diminish and decrease. Therefore, share that which is good and desirable and withhold that which is bad and undesirable.
- A Magnificent Obsession will conquer in spite of the obstacles that stand in its way.
- In our society money is the medium of exchange. Money is power. Like all power, money can be used for good or for evil.
- To develop a Magnificent Obsession: Share yourself with others without expecting a reward, payment or commendation. Keep your good turns a secret.
- Regardless of who you are, or what you have been, you can create inside yourself a burning desire to be helpful to others. You can develop your own Magnificent Obsessions.
- The more you share, the more you will have. Therefore, share that which is good and desirable, and withhold that which is bad and undesirable.
- Character is the cornerstone in building and maintain success.
- There is something infinitely better than making a live. It is making a noble life.
- That which you share will multiply and that which you withhold will diminish.
Chapter Sixteen: How to Raise Your Energy Level
- How does he train these stars? Wolfe has a double prescription. He teaches them to condition both minds and their bodies simultaneously. If you believe you can do it most of the time you can. It’s mind over matter. You have two types of energy. One is physical, the other is mental and spiritual.
- Train the whole body. Push yourself to the limit of endurance, extending the limit with each workout.
- The art of record-breaking is the ability to take more out of yourself than you’ve got. You punish yourself more and more and rest between spells.
- Equally important, he learned to break big goals down into little ones.
- The more the body endures, the more it will endure. Beliefs about overtraining and staleness are myths.
- When your energy level is low, your health and your desirable characteristics may by subdued by the negative. You, like a storage battery, are dead when your energy level is zero. What is the solution? Recharge your battery? How? Relax, play, rest and sleep.
- God grant me the serenity to accept things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
Chapter Seventeen: You Can Enjoy Good Health and Live Longer
- Your health is one of your most valuable assets. Many a man today would be more than willing to trade his wealth for good health.
- You can have perfect health. A positive mental attitude affects your health. It attracts good health to you. A negative mental attitude attracts ill health.
- Thinking good thoughts, positive and cheerful thoughts, will improve the way you feel. What affects your mind also affects your body.
- Make a study of the Bible and other inspirational books. They will both inspire and teach you how to motivate yourself to positive desirable action and thus help you achieve the goals you desire.
Chapter Eighteen: Can You Attract Happiness?
- There is very little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.
- One of the surest ways to find happiness for yourself is to devote your energies toward making someone else happy.
- If you search for happiness, you will find it elusive. But if you try to bring happiness to someone else, it will return to you many times over.
- To be happy, make others happy.
PART 5: ACTION PLEASE
Chapter Twenty: Now It’s Time to Test Your Own Success Quotient
- The burden of learning is on the person who wants to learn, not on the person who wants to teach.
- To learn one must pay the price.
- Ask and it shall be given you; seek and ye shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you. (Matthew 7:7)
To buy the book, click the link in the image below to purchase from Amazon.