★★★ Sign up to the Weekly Book Summary Newsletter by CLICKING HERE
★★★ Get any FREE audiobook of your choice by CLICKING HERE
★★★ View the Hottest Products of the month by CLICKING HERE
Time. What is time? Time is defined as the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present and future regarded as a whole. Time is one of the most difficult properties of our universe to understand. Time is a primary concept, and not made up of, or dependent on, anything else. I like to see time as only a unit of measurement to calculate the seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years and decades that makes up our life.
We all use this measurement of time in our life. How can we not, we get stamped when we are born and stamped when we die with time. It is all about the dash on our grave stone. This precious gift of time we have been blessed with to live and experience life. How you spend your life is up to you, it’s your life and your time. What will you be remember for and what will you leave behind when you are gone? Really think about this question of legacy. Think about the legacy you benefit from today by the people before you that have come and gone.
What mark will you leave on this earth when you are gone?
TIME MANAGERMENT 101
Time management rule 101 is there is no escaping time, there is only time. The clocks don’t stop tick tocking, the sun continues to rise each morning and we are reminded every 12 months that we are getting older and aging. We cannot escape time, we can only use time. We all spend 24 hours a day, no exceptions. What makes us all different is how we SPEND that 24 hours.
Answer the following questions: How do you spend your time?
- What time do you wake up in the morning?
- What time do you go to bed at night?
- How much time do you sleep?
- How much time do spend out of the house at work?
- How much time do you spend with your loved ones? Family, Friends?
- How much time do you Netflix and Chill?
- How much time do you read and learn?
- How much time do you play and have fun?
- How much time do you work out?
If you take the time to answer the questions you will come to the realization that there aren’t not many free hours left in the day once you wake up, shower, get alittle breaky, go to work, work the job, come home, get a little dinner, spend time with the family, watch alittle TV and go to bed, only to do it all again the next day.
If you want to realize your dreams and goals you will have to make room for them in your life. PERIOD FULL STOP. You make room for them by scheduling what you do and when you do it. For example. I myself am a morning person and love waking up a few hours before my wife and at least 3 hours before I start work. This habit has allowed me to get at least 2 hours of deep work in a day. 2 hours a day times a week is 14 hours. In a year that’s 738 hours and in 10 years that’s the equivalent of 303 days of deep focused work on my goals and dreams. If you are a night person like some, flip the script, 2 hour a night after dinner and spending time with the family go to work on your goals and dreams.
Map out how you spend your time then plan your days in advance by creating blocks of time in your life for the things that you can do that moves the needle forward in your life. If you can’t create time or manager time, you have no life. Get in control of your life by controlling what you do with your time. Prioritize your goals in your schedule and work on them first things first. As Stephen R. Covey says, “Fill your bucket with the big rocks first, or you’ll never get them in at all.”
QUOTES ON TIME
- A lifetime consists of years, months, weeks and days. The basic unit of a lifetime is a single day. And a single day in our careers is made up of certain acts that each of us must perform. (Earl Nightingale)
- A man’s life is only a vapor that vanishes in an instant. One should spend his life doing that which he enjoys. As short as life is, it is foolish to spend it doing only the things one hates. (Yamamoto Tsunetomo)
- And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. (Abraham Lincoln)
- As for time, all men have it in abundance. (George Clason)
- Both the poor and the wealthy have the same 24 hours of opportunity. Time favors no one. Today merely says, “Here I am. What are you going to do with me?” (Jim Rohn)
- Create large chunks of time: Organize your days around large blocks of time where you can concentrate for extended periods on your most important tasks. (Brian Tracy)
- Distinguish between the urgent and the important. (Earl Nightingale)
- Don’t put off living to next week, next month, next year or next decade. The only time you’re ever living is in this moment. (Celestine Chua)
- Don’t spend major time on minor things. (Jim Rohn)
- Don’t wait, the time will never be just right. (Napoleon Hill)
- Each of us must pause frequently to remind ourselves that the clock is ticking. Time offers opportunity but demands a sense of urgency. (Jim Rohn)
- Every day is a bank account, and time is our currency. No one is rich, no one is poor, we’ve got 24 hours each. (Christopher Rice)
- Every time you wake up ask yourself “What good things am I going to do today?” Remember that when the sun goes down at sunset, it will take a part of your life with it. (Native American Proverb)
- Find out how you are currently using your time. Keep a time log of your activities for at least a month and at the end of that period analyze how you used your time. (Jack Collis)
- Greatness comes in small, bite-sized pieces, one day at a time. In fact, it’s the little things that make up the big things in life. (Dexter Yager)
- How you spend your time is how you spend your life. (Christian Mickelsen)
- I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better. (Henry David Thoreau)
- I must govern the clock, not be governed by it. (Golda Meir)
- If you agree that time is money, then you should inventory and protect your time just like you would anything that is valuable. (Grant Cardone)
- If you don’t make the time to work on creating the life you want, you’re eventually going to be forced to spend a lot of time dealing with a life you don’t want. (Kevin Ngo)
- If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of. (Bruce Lee)
- In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact. (Les Brown)
- In interviews with very old people – people who realize that their remaining time is drawing to a close – you frequently hear them say, “I waited too long to start living.” (Earl Nightingale)
- In terms of time effectiveness, there are two broad options we can consider. The first is to identify our top 10 time-wasters and try to eliminate them. The second option is to become wholly goal-oriented. (Jack Collis)
- Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different. (C.S. Lewis)
- It is my feeling that time ripens all things; with time all things are revealed; time is the father of truth. (Francois Rabelais)
- It’s been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste. (Henry Ford)
- It’s not how much time you have; it’s how you choose to spend the time. (Larry Winget)
- It’s not owning a TV that makes it expensive but watching it that makes it expensive. What else could you do with that time. What if you took the television time and used that to gain some extra skills. No telling what will happen to your income. (Jim Rohn)
- It’s not the hours you put in your work that counts, it’s the work you put in the
- Lack of time is actually lack of priorities. (Timothy Ferriss)
- Life is not just the passing of time, it is a collection of experiences their intensity and their frequencies. (Jim Rohn)
- Make the decision now that you’re controlling time and time is no longer controlling you. Change your mind about time and decide that you have plenty of it. Become a master of the clock, not a slave to it. (Grant Cardone)
- Money can always be replaced, but time can’t. (Steve McKnight)
- Most of the successful men I’ve met are absolutely ruthless with their time. (Frank Bettger)
- Much may be done in those little shreds and patches of time which every day produces, and which most men throw away. (Charles Caleb Colton)
- Never treat time like you have an unlimited supply. (Og Mandino)
- One of the best ways to start regaining control of our time is to learn the most effective time-management word. Do you know what it is? The word is “no.” Learn to say no. (Jim Rohn)
- One of the very worst uses of time is to do something very well that need not be done at all. (Brian Tracy)
- Remember, the pyramids were built one block at a time. A great life and a great career is built one task, and often, one part of a task, at a time. (Brian Tracy)
- Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory. (Dr. Seuss)
- Success depends on how I use my time. (Tom Hopkins)
- The African belief is that time is simply the life process. (James Mannion)
- The generosity of your time is the most valuable gift you can give. (Sara Henderson)
- The old year has gone. Let the dead past bury its own dead. The New Year has taken possession of the clock of time. All hail the duties and possibilities of the coming twelve months. (Edward Payson Powell)
- The only difference between a rich person and a poor person is how they use their time. (Robert Kiyosaki)
- The way you spend your time is a result of the way you see your time and the way you really see your priorities. (Stephen R. Covey)
- The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it. (Plutarch)
- Those who cannot appreciate time have the most money problems. (Benjamin Franklin)
- Time changes all things including the human heart. (John C Maxwell)
- Time cools, time clarifies; no mood can be maintained quite unaltered through the course of hours. (Mark Twain)
- Time crumbles things; everything grows old under the power of time and is forgotten through the lapse of time. (Aristotle)
- Time heals what reason cannot. (Seneca)
- Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back. (Harvey MacKay)
- Time is like a precious jewel. It must be guarded well and worn with discretion, or you will suddenly find it has been stolen. (Glenn Bland)
- Time is more valueable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time. (Jim Rohn)
- Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. (Carl Sandburg)
- Time is what we want most, but what we use worst. (William Penn)
- Time is your most valuable asset, so look for ways to leverage it wherever possible. (Steve McKnight)
- Time properly invested is worth a fortune; time wasted can be devastation. Time invested can perform miracles, so invest yours. (Jim Rohn)
- Tomorrow (noun) a mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation and achievement is stored. (Unknown)
- We always have time enough, if we will but use it aright. (Wolfgang Von Goethe)
- What is your basic resource? It’s not money, not brain, not who you know. Your basic resource is time. Unless you use your time well, you’ll never ever get a glimpse of what your potential is. (Tom Hopkins)
- What time they would ask. Well, of course, it’s now. The time is now. What else is there? (Eckhart Tolle)
- What would you do, how would you spend your time, if you learned today that you only had six months to live? (Brian Tracy)
- When things don’t happen right away. Just remember it takes 6 months to build a Rolls-Royce and 13 hours to build a Toyota. (Unknown)
- While 9-5 and what happens on the job is important, what happens from 5-9, off the job, is infinitely more important. (Zig Ziglar)
- Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. (Hal Borland)
- Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present. (Bil Keane)
- You don’t have the time and money because you don’t invest time and money (Grant Cardone)
- You exist in time, but you belong to eternity. (Osho)
- You know, one hour a night adds up quickly to a really enormous amount of time. Time is one few things man can’t buy more of and it’s a good idea to use all of it as wisely as we know how. (Earl Nightingale)
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. (Steve Jobs)
That’s a wrap on
Chapter 7: Time
50 Words to Your Dreams
By Michael George Knight
Let me know your
thoughts on Chapter 7 and for personal
& free one on one coaching connect with me email@example.com
For 100’s of Video, Written & Audio Book Summaries check out our website
Stay tuned for Chapter 8 in the series “KNOWLEDGE”