★★★ Sign up to the Weekly Book Summary Newsletter by CLICKING HERE
★★★ Get any FREE audiobook of your choice by CLICKING HERE
★★★ View the Hottest Products of the month by CLICKING HERE
50 Words to Your Dreams: Chapter 2 Passion
- Do you want to know how to manifest your dreams?
- Do you want to know the simple, straight forward, no B.S path to take your dream out of your head into reality?
This 50 Chapter video series titled “50 Words to Your Dreams” has the answers.
Researched for over 10 years and compiled into video, written & audio format, this series will empower you with the know how and tools you need to manifest your dreams into reality. Created by Michael Knight, the man behind the website bestbookbits.com and the Youtube Channel bestbookbits, this series is a wealth of knowledge condensed down into 50 bit size pieces.
UNCOVERING YOUR PASSION
I want to help you now uncover and become clear on what you are passionate about?
A simple exercise I want you to do is grab some paper and write down the answers to the questions below.
- When talking to people, what topic gets you energized and pumped that you could talk for hours on?
- What activity can you do for hours on end without getting tired but energized?
- What do you watch a lot of?
- What do you read up on?
- What do you buy lots of?
- What do you think about all the time?
- What are your obsessions?
- What would you do daily if money wasn’t an issue?
- What gets you up early and staying up late?
- What future moments do you anticipate with excitement about?
So by now you should a full-page of answers written down on paper. Review your answers and see if you can find an overall theme or pattern that sums up your passion. Write this in one sentence or paragraph that encompasses what your grand overall passion is?
Write down your answers to these questions and you will start to see a picture of the things you are passionate about.
THAT INNER CALLING
Do you ever get that sense, feeling or thought of an inner calling guiding and directing your life? This subtle, yet persistent inner calling you have within you is looking for expression in your life. If you can know what I am talking about great, you can acknowledge the feeling of an inner calling in you. If not, that’s okay too. I little exercise below will help you uncover that inner calling in you.
Step 1) Find a time in your day when you can be alone. Preferably first thing in the morning.
Step 2) Either find a quiet place to sit or go outside for a walk.
Step 3) While sitting quietly or walking, ask yourself internally the following 3 questions repeatedly below to yourself to prompt your mind to come up with answers you seek.
- What is my inner calling in life?
- What am I here to do?
- How can I Serve?
Step 4) Use a journal to write down your thoughts on the questions you asked yourself.
The purpose of this exercise to find your personal inner calling is to get clear on your mission in life and why you do what you do. Those who go through life knowing why they do what they do, have more passion and happiness in their life.
Identify your inner calling and call it out. (Pun intended) Get to the root of where your passion lives and tap into that energy source that will propel your actions to manifest the life you desire. Bring out your hidden subconscious passion to the forefront of your conscious mind by repeatedly thinking about your passion, until you create a strong thought habit.
Listen > Think > Uncover > Identify > Plan > Act
FLAME TO A FIRE
Passion is an internal flame of desire that you possess. The flame of passion for most people has been blown out by the circumstances of their life. Don’t let this happen to you. To turn that flame into a fire you need first awareness of that flame of passion that exist within you.
Next you need to dose the flame with fuel which is your thought energy. Thoughts have a magnetic energy. Continuing thinking and obsessing about your passion is way to that you keep passions alive and well by dosing your mind with the fuel of thought.
What you want to do next is to turn that flame into a fire. To turn your passion from a small lite flame to a raging fire will require massive action and execution that is beyond your comfort zone. Instead of working on your passions weekly or every now and then, work your passions daily and life will make room for them. It’s not what you do every now and then that matters, it’s about what you do daily that counts. If you have an obsession about your passion, give it life by feeding it daily and you will be amazed at transformation that takes place in your life by turning your passionate flame into a raging fire.
DON’T KEEP IT A SECRET
There will be a time in your life when you kept your passion a secret from the world. A secret you didn’t want anyone to find out, for fear of what other people will think. That time was yesterday, not today, not anymore. Stop hiding your passion and release that bottled up enthusiastic passion you have within you onto the world. The world needs passionate people to come alive, not to hide, wait and die with there passions buried within, never seeing the light of day. Don’t be afraid, be courageous and step into your life that is awaiting you.
Don’t keep your passions are secret. Let people know about what you are passionate about. Talk about your passions to friends, family, co-workers, strangers, whoever and whenever you can. Voice to the world your passions, intentions, thoughts and desires. When you openly express your passions to others, you give energy and life to your passions by the sheer act of release. Verbalizing your passions through words is more powerful then just thoughts of passion.
AFFIRMATIONS ON PASSION
- I am courageous because I pursue my passions
- I am living a life that is authentic to me
- I can achieve anything in life as long I have the passion to pursue
- I come alive when I am passionate
- I do what I love because I only have this one life to live
- I feel a sense of joy and play when I am working on my passion
- I Trust my own internal navigation system
- Living my passion is its own reward
- Nobody else needs to make sense of my passion, only me
- The passion I possess is a unique gift and I express it daily
- The world needs my passion to be released
QUOTES ON PASSION
- Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who are alive. (Howard Thurman)
- Don’t bend; Don’t water it down; Don’t try to make it logical; Don’t edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. (Franz Kafka)
- Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart. (Rumi)
- Find what you love and let it kill you. (Charles Bukowski)
- Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls. (Joseph Campbell)
- Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion. (Martha Graham)
- I believe inspiration is the fuel of passion. If you think of passion as the flame that burns white hot in the heart of every person, inspiration is the fuel that keeps that flame alive. (Zig Ziglar)
- I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious. (Albert Einstein)
- If a man hasn’t discovered something he will die for, he isn’t fit to live. (Martin Luther King Jr)
- If what you’re doing is not your passion, you have nothing to lose. (Celestine Chua)
- Ignoring your passion is slow suicide. Never ignore what your heart pumps for. Mold your career around your lifestyle, not your lifestyle around your career. (Kevin Claiborne)
- Listening to the calling within yourself instead of looking for external guidance. (Kyle Cease)
- Live your passion. What does mean, anyway? It means that when you get up for work every morning, every single morning, you are pumped because you get to talk about or work with or do the thing that interests you the most in the world. (Gary Vaynerchuk)
- Never give up trying to build the world you can see, even if others can’t see, even if others can’t see it. Listen to your drum and your drum only. It’s the one that makes the sweetest sound. (Simon Sinek)
- Nobody understands your calling but you. When you feel a calling inside yourself, you just have to do it; you can’t check in with other people because they aren’t feeling what you’re feeling. (Kyle Cease)
- Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- Nothing is as important as passion. No matter what you want to do with your life, be passionate. (Jon Bon Jovi)
- One should not search for an abstract meaning of life. Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission of life to carry out a concrete assignment which demands fulfilment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated. Thus, everyone’s task is as unique as is his specific opportunity to implement it. (Viktor Frankl)
- Passion is the mob of the man, that commits a riot upon his reason. (William Penn)
- Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. (Steve Jobs)
- Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames. (Rumi)
- Skills are cheap, passion is priceless. (Gary Vaynerchuk)
- Sometimes it makes sense to dive in with nothing but passion and raw drive and begin the journey. Since life is about the journey, not the destination, the fulfilment is going to come along the way. Whether you’ve reached your anticipated destination at the end of the journey is almost irrelevant. You may pass the baton to others who take it across the finish line. You’ll be remembered for your passion, persistence, and productivity. (Zig Ziglar)
- The core problem is not that we are too passionate about bad things, but that we are not passionate enough about good things. (Larry Crabb)
- The future will belong to those who have passion and are willing to work hard. (Paul Wellstone)
- The most dangerous risk of all is the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. (Randy Komisar)
- The ruling passion, be it what it will. The ruling passion conquers reason still. (Alexander Pope)
- There is no passion to be found playing small, in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. (Nelson Mandela)
- There’s no sense in having passion in life if you don’t apply it. (Zig Ziglar)
- There’s nothing more attractive than someone with passion for something, who looks at things positively and is always seeking to better themselves. (Unknown)
- Though we can’t control when, the decision to do what we love sooner or later pays off. (Marsha Sinetra)
- To impact just one person with our passion is to change the world. To encourage, inspire, and motivate one person with our passion is to move beyond ourselves and take others with us. (Zig Ziglar)
- When you find something that so fully engages you that you would do it for free all day every day, then you are on course. When you find someone who is willing to pay you for it, then you have a career. (Nick Vujicic)
- Where your talent and the needs of the world cross, your calling can be found. (Aristotle)
- Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark. (Henri Frederic Amiel)
- You know you’re in a WHY when the idea you have helps other people. (Kyle Cease)
- Say yes to risk, and take action, is vital to the passionate life because it keeps you on your growing edge, trying new things, taking initiative, and leaning into life rather than away from it. (Yes Man, Danny Wallace)
- We all have a repressed human impulse inside us that is our divine gift to give to the universe. What is yours? (Michael George Knight)
That’s a wrap on
Chapter 2: Passion
50 Words to Your Dreams
by Michael Knight
Stay tuned for Chapter 3 in the series “DESIRE”
Let me know your thoughts on Chapter 2 in the
comments and email me what you are passionate
about and let me help you live a life of passion.
For hundreds of Video, Written and Audio Book Summaries check out our website bestbookbits.com