★★★Sign up to the Weekly Book Summary Newsletter by CLICKING HERE
★★★Get any FREE audiobook of your choice by CLICKING HERE
★★★ View the Hottest Products of the month by CLICKING HERE
- If you want to be great, you must walk with people who are great.
- In every arena of life, there are winners and losers. What makes the difference can be summarized in one word: Believe.
- The more you believe in yourself, the greater will be your achievements.
Chapter 1: How I Came to Tap the Power of Belief
- Believe that you have it, and you have it. (Old Latin Proverb)
- Belief is the motivating force that enables you to achieve your goal.
- What the fool cannot learn he laughs at, thinking that by his laughter he shows superiority instead of latent idiocy.
Chapter 2: Mind-Stuff Experiments
- No one knows what thought really is, other than it is some sort of mental action
- All that we are is the result of what we have thought. (Buddha)
- The secret of success lies not without, but within, the thoughts of man.
- Ideas come from space. This may seem astonishing and impossible to believe, but it is true. Ideas come from out of space. (Thomas Edison)
- By a full and powerful imagination anything can be brought into concert form.
- The human spirit is so great a thing that no man can express it; could we rightly comprehend the mind of man nothing would be impossible to us upon the earth. Through faith the imagination is invigorated and completed, for it really happens that every doubt mars its perfection. Faith must strengthen the imagination, for faith establishes the will. (Paracelsus)
- Hard work alone will not bring success. The world is filled with people who have worked hard but have little to show for it. Something more than hard work is necessary: it is creative thinking and firm belief in your ability to execute your ideas. The successful people in history have succeeded through their thinking. Their hands were merely helpers to their brains.
- One essential to success is that your desire be an all-obsessing one, your thoughts and aims be co-ordinated, and your energy be concentrated and applied without letup.
- It is vital that you know exactly what you want out of life. You must know where you are headed, and you must keep a fixed goal in view. You must have a fixed idea before you’ll obtain what you are after.
- Without an all-consuming desire, nothing can be achieved or gained.
- Thought attracts that upon which it is directed.
- For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me. Our fear thoughts are just as creative or just as magnetic in attracting troubles to us as are the constructive and positive thoughts in attracting positive results.
- The most effective method of bringing the subconscious into practical action is through the process of making mental pictures – using the imagination – perfecting an image of the thing or situation as you would have it exist in physical form. This is usually referred to as visualization.
- Most of the sustained and continuing manifestations come as a result of belief. It is through this belief with its strange power that miracles happen. I refer now to deep-seated belief – a firm and positive conviction that goes through every fibre of your being – when you believe it “heart and soul.”
- This deep-seated belief changes the tempo of the mind or thought-frequency, and, like a huge magnet, draws the subconscious forces into play, changing your whole aura and affecting everything about you-and often people and objects at great distances.
Chapter 3: What the Subconscious Is
- The best results in life were obtained by close harmony and co-operation between the conscious and subconscious minds. (Gustave Geley)
- There is a dormant in each human being a faculty, whether it is developed or not, which will enable that particular individual to succeed if the desire for success is present in his conscious mind. (Erna Ferrell Grabe)
- Our conscious mind is the outgrowth of our physical necessities and likewise our guide in the struggle with our material environment. It’s highest function is that of reasoning, and by ali methods – inductive and deductive, analytic and synthetic.
- Just as the conscious mind is the source of thought, so the subconscious is the source of power.
- The subconscious mind will not take the trouble to work for those who do not believe in it. (Theodore Simon Jouffroy)
- In conveying your need to the subconscious, it must be in the spirit – that the work has already been done. Thus, while it is necessary for you to feel and think yourself successful, it is important for you to go one step further and actually see yourself as already successful, either in the performance of some selected task or as actually occupying the position to which you are aspiring.
- For the next and final step, you must wait patiently while the subconscious is assimilating the elements of your problem and then goes about its own way to work it out for you.
Chapter 4: Suggestion Is Power
- Just believe you can do it and you can.
- The power of suggestion – an autosuggestion (your own to yourself) or heterosuggetion (coming to you from outside sources) – that starts the machinery into operation or causes the subconscious mind to begin its creative work – and right here is where the affirmations and repetitions play their part. It’s the repetition of the same chant, the same incantations, the same affirmations that leads to belief, and once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.
- The subtle force of the repeated suggestion overcomes our reason, acting directly on our emotions and our feelings, and finally penetrating to the very depths of our subconscious minds.
- William James, father of modern psychology in America, declared that often our faith (belief) in advance of a doubtful undertaking is the only thing that can assure its successful conclusion. Man’s faith, according to James, acts on the powers above him as a claim and creates its own verification. In other words, the thought becomes literally father to the fact.
- Success or failure in business is caused more by mental attitudes even than by mental capacities. (Dr. Walter Dill Scott)
- Human beings are human beings the world over, all subject to the same emotions, the same influences, and the same vibrations, and what is a big business, a village, a city, a nation but merely a collection of individual humans controlling and operating it with their thinking and believing?
- Every person is the creation of himself, the image of his own thinking and believing.
- For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he. (King Solomon)
- It is very important to remember that while the subconscious will get into action at once under the impetus of the commands or suggestions which it receives from the conscious mind, or which come from outside sources and are transmitted to it via the conscious mind, it gets quicker if the conscious mind accompanies its message with a mental picture of the desired goal.
- Appeal by drama is the first step in arousing the emotions of the people, no matter for what purpose.
- The subconscious mind always brings to reality what it is led to believe.
- Some of our fears become realities through our imaginations.
- The Biblical warning, “Where there is no vision, the people perish.”
Chapter 5: The Art of Mental Pictures
- If while dwelling upon the activity of the subconscious mind we determine upon an intention to do a certain thing, we may subconsciously initiate a train of events likely to bring this thing about. (G. N. M. Tyrrell)
- That we influence events by very great desires, and there is psychological proof on ourselves of the effects of our own desires. (Dr. Shailer Mathews)
- Everything we have in our modern world is the result of desire.
- The person with a fixed goal, a clear picture of his desire, or an ideal always before him, causes it, through repetition, to be buried deeply in his subconscious mind and is thus enabled, thanks to its generative and sustaining power, to realize his goal in minimum of time and with a minimum of physical effort. Just pursue the thought unceasingly. Step by step you will achieve realization, for all your faculties and powers become directed to that end.
- Never forget that the subconscious mind will accept and carry out whatever it is powerfully instructed to do.
- It’s the constant and determined effort that breaks down all resistance, sweeps away all obstacles.
- Faith without action is dead.
Chapter 6: The Mirror Technique for Releasing the Subconscious
- Everything on the material plane is first an idea, a thought in someone’s mind.
- If you do not follow your own thoughts, then you will follow the thoughts of the fellow who followed his.
- If you can convince yourself, you can convince the other fellow.
- A man need not be a student of psychology to know that enthusiasm is very contagious and can readily be transmitted to others if one is bursting with it.
- Whether we know it or not, we’re all engaged in selling something – if not our wares, then our personalities, our services, our ideas.
- Use the mirror technique. As you stand before the mirror, keep telling yourself that you are going to be an outstanding success and that nothing in this world is going to stop you.
- Emerson wrote that every man carries in his eye the exact indication of his rank. Remember that your own gradation or position in life is marked by what you carry in your eyes. So develop eyes that bespeak confidence. The mirror will help you.
- It is said that if you act the part you will become that part, and here again there is no better way than rehearsing your acting before the mirror.
Chapter 7: How to Project Your Thoughts
- The only way to have a friend is to be one. (Emerson)
- Sincere compliments will always gain you friends, for most people are extremely susceptible to compliments.
- A person who desires riches must go where riches are.
- If you want money, you’ve got to associate yourself with people who have it or who know how to make it.
- Man is heir to the wisdom of the ages found within the covers of great books.
- No one has a monopoly of knowledge, and yet we all know that knowledge is power when put to use. The greater the reader, the more his thinking is stimulated, and if he is a man of action, the more his efforts are accelerated.
Chapter 8: Women and the Science of Belief
- Always remember that the subconscious mind, in addition to being the seat of intuition, is a repository of great power and has inexhaustible resources. The more you call upon these resources, the more there are placed at your disposal.
Chapter 9: Belief Makes Things Happen
- Happiness, sought by many and found by few, therefore is a matter entirely within ourselves; our environment and the everyday happenings of life have absolutely no effect on our happiness except as we permit mental images of the outside to enter our consciousness. Happiness is wholly independent of position, wealth, or material possessions. It is a state of mind which we ourselves have the power to control – and that control lies with our thinking.
- Emerson said: What is the hardest task in the world? To think.
- There is no monopoly of thought-power. You and every man and woman have it. All you have to do is to use it. You will then become the person you envisage in your imagination, for with the working of the law of cause and effect, you bring into your life the new elements which your most dominant thoughts create within and attract from without.
- Positive creative thought leads to action and ultimate realization, but the real power, much more than action itself, is the thought.
To buy the book, click the link in the image below to purchase from Amazon